Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 8349|Reply: 7
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Hantek DSO5202BM: Bug are found in the work of the second channel oscilloscope.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2016-12-3 12:43:28 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-12-3 12:48

The following bug were found in the work of the second channel oscilloscope:

If you set the scan time 80ms or more, and then in the settings of the second channel to the Coupling parameter to specify the GND, the second channel waveform curve starts to be drawn from the first channel markers, along with the first channel waveform curve. When moving the first channel marker moves both waveforms. When moving the second channel marker moves only the marker, and the curve of the second channel waveform does not respond to this movement:

Lastly, I point out another oddity when drawing waveforms, but it already applies to both channels. If the sampling is switched to the "Peak" mode (peak detect), then when you install scan time 40us or more curves of waveforms are drawn double line:

Channel waveform curve will be drawn by a single line only if a channel in the settings menu to set the value to GND Coupling. It seems to me that earlier in Peak mode waveform curves are drawn by a single line. Moreover, when the oscilloscope automatically switches to Peak mode (scan time 80us or more) curves of waveforms are drawn as single lines, but it is worth while to include Peak mode explicitly by hand and start the waveform drawn by double lines again.

PS: Sorry my bad english.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
2#
Post time 2016-12-5 17:19:47 | Show the author posts only
Peak: The scope of the oscilloscope finds the maximum and minimum input signal in each sampling interval and use these values to display the waveform.
About the first bug, we will send to you after modify。

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 2016-12-7 23:12:21 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-12-8 13:33
amy replied at 2016-12-5 17:19
Peak: The scope of the oscilloscope finds the maximum and minimum input signal in each sampling interval and use these values to display the waveform.

Well, as I understood from the waveform of the two curves is normal. However, this is not the full answer to my question. In particular, I still do not understand, why then the installation scan time of 80 ms or slower and established Data Acquisition mode: Normal waveform drawn  single curve:

and for manual mode Data Acquisition mode: Peak Detect waveform starts to be drawn double curve:

I do not understand why when you install the scan time of 80 ms or slower waveform in any case not drawn double curve? In the subject "DSO5000 Series Quick Start Guide" (http://www.eediscuss.com/forum.p ... tra=page%3D1&page=6) in the section "4.1.2 Slow Scan Mode" on what was said by others following:

In the Slow Scan mode, peak detect acquisition is used so that no data is missed (even the though the Acquire menu may show a different acquisition mode setting).

That is, as far as I understand, when you install the scan time of 80 ms or slower, regardless of how Data Acquisition mode has been enabled manually, the oscilloscope should automatically switch to the Data Acquisition mode mode: Peak Detect, and draw the waveform double curves, however, this does not happen ... Why this happens? Maybe I have something here do not mean right?

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
4#
Post time 2016-12-12 16:42:16 | Show the author posts only
In peak mode, the occasional narrow pulse width can be effectively observed. The noise will be more obvious.
But it can't used to measure. So it is optional.
Please click this link to download the latest firmware: http://hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_55.html

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time 2016-12-16 15:33:53 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-12-16 15:38

Thank you for your reply! There are a couple of obscure things related waveform drawing two curves:
1) Look at the following screenshots and note that when you install 5V cell two curves are located far from each other, while on the other screenshots, these curves are almost merge into a single curve. Why is this happening?
2) In the above screenshot shows that the first channel marker is located between the two curves of the channel waveforms. As I understand, this is normal. It is not clear why the second channel marker is located at the bottom of the channel waveform curve. It is expected that both channels should be approximately the same pattern. Screenshots were made when the probes are not connected to the oscilloscope.

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
6#
Post time 2017-1-17 16:27:15 | Show the author posts only
Please disconnect any probes or cables to the channels and press "UTILITY->Self Calibration" to calibrate.
If the problem exists, please set normal acquire and 5V/div, upload a screenshot to study.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 2017-1-17 23:35:06 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2017-1-17 23:36

"Self calibration" function did not help - everything remained still. This problem occurs only when Acquire mode: Peak. I do not understand why you want to see a screenshot of when Acquire mode: Normal, but here it is (probes are not connected to the oscilloscope):

I have no problem in this screenshot can not see, except for the fact that the oscilloscope has not moved automatically to the "Peak" mode (it can be seen from the waveform), though seemingly had to do it ...

Even I do not fully understand what you said in relation to "Acuire mode: Peak":

But it can not used to measure.

Which measurement can not be performed in this mode? As far as I know, this mode is used when measuring the level of ripple voltage at the output of such a power supply. That is, in this mode, the voltage measured from peak to peak. It turns out you can not do this or I misunderstood you wrote?

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
8#
Post time 2017-1-18 15:01:34 | Show the author posts only
Sir, our engineer will modify this bug, please wait for a while.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-19 18:43 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.225905 second(s), 20 queries .