Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: DSO5102P screen red sticker [Print this page]

Author: navitatis    Time: 2020-1-13 22:17
Title: DSO5102P screen red sticker
There is a small red sticker in the lower left corner of the screen. I have pulled it hard enough but I cannot remove it.
Can it be removed and how?

Author: wangshuang    Time: 2020-1-18 16:31
It is a label on the LCD screen protector. It is recommended not to tear it off.

Author: yendawg    Time: 2020-8-20 23:45
wangshuang replied at 2020-1-18 16:31
It is a label on the LCD screen protector. It is recommended not to tear it off.

My screen protector appears to have a mark stamped on it (see picture.)  Is there a way to get rid of that safely?

Author: yendawg    Time: 2020-9-19 00:49
yendawg replied at 2020-8-20 23:45
My screen protector appears to have a mark stamped on it (see picture.)  Is there a way to get rid ...

No love on this question?

Author: Sanjin1103    Time: 2020-10-30 06:10
yendawg replied at 2020-9-19 00:49
No love on this question?

Hi,
buy on AliExpress touch screen protector, flexible, which can be cut to measure. Before removing the factory protective film from the screen, which is only used for protection during transport and installation, prepare the purchased adhesive touchscreen protector. As the screen is mounted with the factory protective foil, it is possible that the foil is slightly pressed against the plastic, so you need to find the right angle and very gently pull the red part (be careful not to tear the red part) until it is completely removed from the screen. Immediately after that, stick the purchased touch screen protection over the screen. Buy a "clear" version of touchscreen protection. Do not wipe the screen because it is the cleanest and ready for the protective foil. Don't blow with your mouth to blow off the grains of dust (if any) because a drop of saliva will surely fly off to the screen (like mine) so you will have to wipe very carefully.

Author: yendawg    Time: 2020-10-31 00:56
Sanjin1103 replied at 2020-10-30 06:10
Hi,
buy on AliExpress touch screen protector, flexible, which can be cut to measure. Before removi ...

You should get a special award!   Is a screen protector really needed then?  It seems like it is only for extra safety, not because the screen is super easy to damage.

Author: Sanjin1103    Time: 2020-10-31 02:23
yendawg replied at 2020-10-31 00:56
You should get a special award!   Is a screen protector really needed then?  It seems like it is ...

Well I bought a DPO6084B with a touch screen and the touch digitizer is somehow softer than the screen and I left traces barely visible (but visible to me). Later I put on a screen protector and once I cut a copper wire and the piece flew towards the screen. The screen was protected.
So it's good to count on Murphy's law.
I bought 5 pieces of 8 inch clear protectors for $ 6.50 with delivery so I have at least some security because I’m not sure the screen can be purchased later.

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2