Hantek2d42 bugs report

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2019-2-14 13:11:30 | Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1 at 2019-3-16 12:15

Hello Amy, how was the Holidays, I hope you have enjoyed it.

So I have a new handheld 2D42 and I'm enjoying it so far but I found some bugs that I would like to report, if you don't mind:
FW: 2019011101
PCB: 0000001
FPGA: V02

1- In oscilloscope mode, pressing Autoset button does not limit the memory depth
Description: Activate only one channel, let's say CH1. Change memory depth from 3k to 6k. Keep only CH1 on and apply a signal to CH1 and CH2. Press Autoset button. The memory depth won't be limited automaticaly to 3k and you will see both waveforms on the screen all crazy, as the data is broken. Setting de mem. depth manually to 3k solve it. Fixed (in FW 20190220001)
If you turn on CH2 by pressing Channel -> CH2 -> On the memory depth is automatically limited to 3k, that is fine.

2- In DMM mode, selecting the Buzzer function using the arrow keys ">" or "<" does not activate the buzzer and it is silent I need do press F3 for it to work. Fixed (in FW 20190220001)

3- This one is probably a hardware limitation/problem. In th AWG mode, the waveform is clipping on the negative side as I increase the amplitude to near the 2.5V limit or if I set a negative offset (see picture)

4- The jitter of the AFG is pretty horrendous, specially with frequencies over 1MHz. Is that normal?

5-Waveforms presents some artifacts under various settings of frequencie and amplitude (I am still trying to isolate this one)

regards,

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2019-2-19 00:07:33 | Show all posts
Yeap, those are the glitches I was referring in the item 5 of may previous post. I will try to take some screen shots later and post here, with another problem I'm found on the oscilloscope.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 2019-2-19 09:45:28 | Show all posts

Just some more screenshots to ilustrate the gitches problems in the output of the AWG.

6 - Another problem I noticed in my oscilloscope is that the wave form in CH2 is deformed comparing with CH1, even if I apply the same signal to both. The problem is more visible with channels 1 and 2 turned on and at higher frequencies (around 1MHz), but the difference is noticeable with just CH2 on too. Maybe the sample rate is not enough or some problem with the interpolation calculation, I don't know

A few more images

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
4#
 Author| Post time 2019-2-23 06:24:01 | Show all posts
Hi Amy,

Thanks for the reply. I just updated to the FW: 201902201 run I quick test and apparently the bugs 1 and 2 are fixed. I noticed the Measure window in scope mode was also changed... I will do some more in depth tests and I came back if I found anything else.
Regarding the other problems that are hardware related, would you mind to provide some more details?

To @gf1: I tested using the internal AWG and a HDG2002B function generator,  I tried various setup configuration, using coax cable with and without 50ohm termination, x10 probes, signal output from same channel and from 2 different channels of the awg. I also tried the BW limit on and off, nothing makes a difference that's why I don't think the problem is only noise, let's wait to see if Hantek can give us a better explanation.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time 2019-2-25 14:55:43 | Show all posts
Edited by OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1 at 2019-3-16 12:12

Hi Amy,

I have a few more observations, if you allow me. Please, don't get me wrong, I really like this device and I think it has a great potential, it just need some polishing.

1- With the last FW in Scope mode, Measure window was changed from amplitude to max/min, but the values for MAX and MIN are computed with reference to the center of the screen, not to the channel cursor. So if I move the channel trace, the values changes. Fixed (in FW 2019030201)
Regarding the Measure windows I have two suggestion:
a- Add the option to choose a different parameter to measure, like Vpeak-peak, Vrms, Max/Min, amplitude, frequency, duty cycle and period. It don't need to have all types of measurement, I understand that you want to keep it simple, but having just one type is very limiting.
b- Display the values only for the channel that is active. The screen is small and there is no reason to keep showing a banner with only "????" on top of the signal I'm trying to see.

2- Connecting the USB cable to the scope adds a small DC offset to the waveform;
3- This one is very annoying: Every time the device is connected to the PC software, its settings are reset to default. The software also do not keep the last configuration used nor reads the actual settings on the device.
4- The PC software uses only 1200 data points to trace the waveform when we could have up to 6k;
5- The PC software is very slow and barely usable;
6- The AutoUpdate feature is very nice to have, but the related window need to be translated to English; Fixed (in Software version 1.1.10)

7- When using the device connected to the PC software, the configurations are not synced in both ways. If I set a parameter in the software the corresponding function in the handheld is updated but it does not work the other way around causing some problems. For exemple:

8- The PC software in DMM mode keeps logging values even while the hold or "stop collecting data" button is pressed.
9- Just a minor detail: in AWG mode setting a negative offset and then using the arrow keys "^" to increase the value will show "-0.00V" when it gets to 0V.
10- One last suggestion: add the ability for the button "Menu" to toggle the menu on and off. So when I press the button the menu is shown on the display, pressing it again will close it, this way I don't have to wait a delay time for the menu to disapear. Same for Channel, Time and Trig buttons.

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-8 08:15:08 | Show all posts
Thx for keeping us informed. I will test the last firmware while I wait for news about the other issues.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-16 13:21:56 | Show all posts

Finally I had time to test the proposed modification. I've changed R61 to 1.5K as indicated, installed the last FW (20190312001) and run the calibration. I noticed some improvement but I still get glitchs in the waveforms

To observe these glitchs, I just set any frequency and them start changing the amplitude of the waveform step by step. For each frequency it will ocurr at a specific amplitude setting. (Apparently higher frequencies and amplitudes lower than 1V are the worst case).

As already reported, I'm also noticing a huge noise interference in CH2 of the scope, specially when the AWG is on:

In the first picture the AWG is off, in the second AWG is set to sine wave, 1MHz, 1V and turned on. There is nothing conected to the inputs.

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
8#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-24 11:57:30 | Show all posts

RE: Hantek2d42 bugs report

gf1 replied at 2019-3-22 05:18
That's really heavy!
I've never seen such a high amplitude on mine.

I tought that is strange too, the noise problem on CH2 was clearly noticeable before but I don't rementer it was this bad. Maybe it got worse after the change made to the resistor or the FW update but I'm not sure, I wasn't paying much attention to this problem before. I'll try to revert the changes later to see if there is any improvement.

Does it make a difference in your case whether the AWG is open or driving a load?
None
Was USB connected to PC or power supply?
No, tested both ways. The only problem (already reported) when connecting the USB cable is the few mV offset added to the traces.

Does the noise amplitude (in div units on the display) change with V/div setting of CH2?
No, the signal looks exactly the same whatever voltage scale I use, the only configuration that reduces the displayed noise a bit is turning on the BW limit, anything else has no effect.

Sorry, our Engineer hasn't given me a conclusion yet.  I'll urge him to reply next week.
I'm looking forward to that. I hope they will consider the other suggestions as well.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
9#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-27 12:27:05 | Show all posts
Edited by OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1 at 2019-3-27 14:48

Just to keep this thread alive while we wait for the other solutions:

12 -The Measure windows doesn't compute the frequency of the signal if at least part of it is not crossing the center line of the screen. That means, if I move the trace to the top half or the bottom half of the screen, the oscilloscope reads the frequency as 0.00. See pictures, I am using FW 2019031201.

Please, also note the difference between MAX and Min values caused by a small offset in the channel that I can't get rid off even after calibration (maybe it is a similar bug in the calibration rotine as reported in the other thread about the 6074?)

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
10#
 Author| Post time 2019-4-2 07:35:42 | Show all posts
Hi Amy, thanks again for the update. I will try the FPGA update tonight.

Any news about the other issues reported as well?
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-3 11:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.172656 second(s), 21 queries .