6074BD - offset errors

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
1#
Post time 2019-3-10 07:21:53 | Show all posts
Interesting, I am having exactly the same problem with some 6074BE scopes and was about to send an email to the support when I saw this thread.

In the manual, it is stated that all probes must be removed from the input before calibration (as it is normal in all oscilloscopes that I know off) but, in the software, in the Calibration windows, it says that you should short the inputs to ground and then run the calibration. So I decided to try that and apparently it solves the problem but after a while the offset problem returns.

My questions are:
1) Is this a hardware or software related problem? And how to fix it?
2) What is the correct procedure for calibration? The one described in the manual or the one in the software menu?

regards.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
2#
Post time 2019-3-12 12:39:18 | Show all posts
Does the 6074 scopes and the new Hantek2000 share a similar frontend or piece of firmware? I'm asking because I am observing a similar problem with my 2D42 and as gf1 noticed, I can clearly see the offset of trace or waveform changing as I change the scale setting or turn on/off a channel. Calibrating didn't help as well.

I will try to make a quick video later to better illustrate the issue.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
3#
Post time 2019-3-24 12:15:37 | Show all posts
Edited by OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1 at 2019-3-24 22:55

I got in contact with Hantek by e-mail and they replied with one possible solution.

Try this: connect the black connector of the USB cable to your computer and the red one connect to an external power supply (like an USB charger) but it must be a good one, capable of supply 5V@2A then try the calibration again. For my case it helped and I can see an improvement although some offset still visible in the lower volt/div settings.

Apparently the problem is related to insufficient power being supplied to the device.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
4#
Post time 2019-3-26 14:36:53 | Show all posts
I've being doing some more tests with a 6074BE and I think I may have found the problem, well at least one of them...

I am almost convinced that the main cause of this offset error is a software problem. I noticed that the initial position of the channel's cursor (the arrow on the left) on the screen influences the results of the calibration. Setting the cursors at the center of the screen before start the calibration yields the best results for me. I also noticed that changing the time/div to below 1us increases the offset. Changing the power supplied to the scope also has influence, so the thing is not so simple...

I am planing to do a more systematic test later and I'll report back with more details.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
5#
Post time 2019-4-6 07:34:27 | Show all posts
Dear Amy,

Please let me know when you have the software update ready with the fix, I'm needing that.

thx

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
6#
Post time 2019-4-9 08:21:44 | Show all posts
Ok, so after many tests (I won't describe all them, it is not important) I am 100% sure that the offset problem is cause by a bug in the PC software and I found a temporary fix for it, at least until Hantek release an update.

The bug affects the version 2.2.4 of the software available for download on the product's web page. To fix the offset, install an older version (I've used Ver. 2.1.36, included in the CD) and run the calibration routine, done.

Result of the calibration using Ver. 2.2.4 of the software:

The same scope after re-running calibration using Ver. 2.1.36:

I want a beer

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
7#
Post time 2019-4-11 10:29:36 | Show all posts
Thx, the new software update (Version 2.2.5) apparently solved the offset problem.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-3 22:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.207179 second(s), 20 queries .