Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
11#
Post time 2023-1-6 10:12:24 | Show the author posts only
st_Alex replied at 2023-1-5 19:41
Dear Jing,

Yes, after recover procedure only two languages are available. Even Chinese is not avai ...

Dear Sir,
Please download the upgrade package on the official website to upgrade the machine and see whether the language can be restored.
http://hantek.com/products/detail/12167

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
12#
Post time 2023-1-7 03:42:52 | Show the author posts only
Edited by st_Alex at 2023-1-13 08:44
Jing replied at 2023-1-6 10:12
Dear Sir,
Please download the upgrade package on the official website to upgrade the machine and  ...

Dear Jing,

I have made successfully firmaware upgrade be means of file dso4kb_20211207.upk. But the language lists contains only Fracias and Deutsch. Make a note that word "Deutsch" has bright white color!!!

As shown int the picture firmware is the latest, but Same Fracias and Deutsch only in the Utility menu. Next I have performed one experiment:

1. I have recovered device according to video instruction You sent before. Device had returned back to 1.1.2(191028.0) version of firmaware, which is loaded from recovery partition.
2. Now oscilloscope has respawned with Chinese language:

But the interesing moment - caracters denoted Chinese language is not white. They are light grey. May be it means "not in official list for this region", because if I will try to change language - it will change only to Fracias or Deutsch, nothing else. Chinese language will dessapear.

3. From the chinese display I have upgraded to latest version of FW:

4. After upgrade English display appears, but in the same "strange light grey" mode. Changing of laguage make the same list consist of  Fracias and Deutsch only. So, if I on occasion press F1 in "Utility menu", I will loose English language forever and only Francias and Deutsch will remain. Another question - what about another languages which exist in initial firmare? How to return them back?

I suppose it is a bug of recovery image. Probably the possible workariond may by the following:
1. Upgrade recovery partition by means of specific file (pressing F3 in recovery menu).
2. May be do some changes from some kind of service-menu (if it exist in FW)
3. provide a patch for firmware.

It is only my guess. I hope You are more informed about inside structure of FW busy-box.
I hope for your help and very appricated for your cunsultation! Many thanks,

Alexander.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
13#
Post time 2023-1-24 19:34:53 | Show the author posts only
Hello, dear Jing!

Is there any update about language problem after recovery from vendor?
Thank You!
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-29 02:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.164786 second(s), 19 queries .