Hantek 2D72 problems with Firmware Upgrade

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2022-10-25 13:08:35 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hi,

I am hoping that this will be the right place to post this, if not, please feel free to move it where it belongs.

First, hello, I am a new user to this forum and found you guys as it would appear that you all are very familiar with this Oscilloscope model. This is the 3 in 1 scope with the 70Mhz Oscilloscope, Multimeter, and Wave Generator.  I was reading a bunch of articles and posts around some issues regarding the firmware that comes shipped on this device and in all cases, it was advised to install the latest firmware, which is usually the smart thing to do anyway when there is a newer firmware available. However,  in following the instructions for the firmware upgrade from Hantek, it states to enter into the upgrade mode by holding the F1 button, and then also holding down the Power Button until the Play / Stop button flashes green and then red. However, when I do this, it never flashes from green to red, and instead, it will only flash green. If I continue to hold the buttons, nothing more will happen, so I will let go of both buttons, and then the Play / Stop button will flash between the two colors. At this point, I am supposed to plug in the USB cable into the laptop, and then go to the device manager and find the "STM device in DFU mode"  which I do not find, the closest thing to this I find under the USB is STM32 DFU. So let us assume for a moment that this is in fact what I should have found if I click on that and go to the driver tab and click the Update Driver, and navigate to the path of the driver, which I tried and Windows tells me that I already have the best driver installed, and will not allow me to complete the step of installing the driver as the instructions state.

Lastly it states that if the device is unable to enter the DFU mode, then I am to program "arm1". There are two problems here, 1. I do not know if I am able to enter DFU mode as nothing on the device tells anything, as the LCD stays black the entire time, there is nothing that actually says "Entering DFU Mode" or "In DFU Mode" etc, and there are no further instructions as to how one would "program arm1. The instructions provided by Hantek providing the instructions for upgrading the firmware provide no additional information as to how or what to do to program arm1. So I have no idea if I even need to go there, and if I do, I have no clue how one would do this. Google searches come back with nothing on this either.

Ok, so I know I am unable to update the firmware, however, I was able to manually install the driver for the 2D72, as I extracted them from the Zip file and right clicked on the INF file and clicked install. If went ahead and installed them, however, this did not change what devices show in my device manager, and after I installed them, I did attempt to open the Windows Software to run the oscilloscope in Windows, and the application is unable to see my 2D72, it can't connect to it, it doesn't show in the DfuSe_Demo application, the device is not detected, and well that seems to be the theme, Windows is unable to see the 2D72, which I do understand is a different issue then attempting to install the latest firmware on to the device itself, however, it would appear to me that there is a common problem between both issues, and that is the ability for Windows to see the device plugged into the USB..

When not in what should be the DFU mode, and just having turned on the device, and plugged it into the USB port, it will not display anything related to this device in the device manager, so that would lead me to believe that the driver for this device is not getting installed regardless of whether I try to manually install it or follow any other instruction.

I am truly at a loss on where I can go from here. Now, I just wonder if this is a simple case of the driver not installing because I am running on Windows 11? Though I would have thought by now that most companies have been providing Windows 11 compatible drivers, scarily, I feel that you guys are going to tell me something very different, which is truly going to be frustrating because that will mean I most likely will have to return this device and find another one in a similar price point that will provide me the application to allow me to use this scope on my Windows Device, nor one with the same abilities as this with the 70Mhz or higher, and provide the 3 in 1 capability. I am highly doubting I will be so lucky.

I would really appreciate any and all help on this. I have spent the last few hours searching for any solutions to these issues, and everything even close to providing any resolutions for these issues have all come back from this forum, unfortunately, none have provided any solutions to these specific problems that I am encountering.  Your assistance would truly be awesome as I would really like to keep this device as I have projects sitting waiting for me to have gotten a functional device, and I thought I would be there already but right now, I have hit a brick wall and can go no further.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated help resolving these issues.

Sincerest regards,
Systops

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
2#
Post time 2022-10-26 16:57:42 | Show the author posts only

Dear Sir,
First Machine in the case of shutdown, hold down the F1 at the same time, press the boot button, and then release the boot button, the lower right corner of the button will be red and green flashing.
If the name identified in the Device Manager is not correct after entering programming mode, you need to update the device name driver, right-click to update the driver, select browse the computer to find the driver, dFUSO can be used inside the driver,

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 2022-10-27 05:28:55 | Show the author posts only
Hello,
  I stated I have attempted to do exactly that, I even explained the steps I took which show you that I did all of this. The device in the device manager shows STM32, when I right-click and then click on Update driver, I then tell it to use the one on my Machine, which then allows me to drill down in the tree until I get to the directory where the driver is, and click OK, the dialog box comes up and says that it can not find any driver in that directory for this device and thereby does not let me install it.

I then decided to forgo this step and drilled down to the directory in windows explorer, find the INF file, right-click on the file Hantek2D42.inf and then click Install. The driver appears to install this way, however, the device manager shill does not show the correct device.

So at this point,  I am no further along then I was when I opened this thread. I have done exactly what you requested, and what you requested, is exactly what I had already dome, and I had outlined all of these steps in my opening thread. So you have asked me to do exactly what I had already made clear that I had done what you have asked. So I do not see how I can be any more clear that I have done all of these steps before I had open this thread. I honestly do not understand what I should attempt next, since it is clear that these steps are not fixing this problem, so where do I go from here?

Please note that Amazon, to rule out a faulty device, has already sent me a second device, for which I have now run these exact same steps on both devices, and I am still not any further along than I was original.

Please I am pretty much begging you to please help me either troubleshoot what may be causing the issues, or provide me with some alternate steps. The steps outlined in the Firmware Upgrade Zip file were followed exactly. Your response to me here was identical to what the instructions in the Zip file stated to do, and were again completed to no avail. I received an email from Hantek, also repeating the exact same instructions, and once again, these instructions have been 100% followed as has been told to me now 3 separate times. They have been attempted now 3 times, and 3 times I responded explaining that I have already done the instructions exactly as I was advised from all 3 responses to me.  This alone is frustrating because it makes me wonder if anyone read, or understood my email report on this issue, or as explained in the original post that started this thread. Why has no one been able to deduce from my initial email, or from the first post in this thread that I have already attempted these steps as stated and requested of me to do since I have done them. We need to move on to the next step.  What does one do when these steps have failed? What is the next step to goto? What can I do next?!

I truly need to know what do I do when these steps have failed?"

Please help!

Systops

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
4#
 Author| Post time 2022-11-2 03:50:46 | Show the author posts only
I thought it might help if I updated this with a little more specific detail, I really need some help getting this working. I can not connect the PC to the 2D72 and I have followed all directions as provided in the zip files.

When I follow the instructions provided, you say that I should see a device in my device manager called  “STM Device in DFU Mode” however this is not what I get, I get “STM32”. But I try to follow the rest of the instructions by clicking update drivers and I point to the Driver/Win10 and I have tried Driver/Other (since I am running Windows 11. In both cases, I get an error from Windows that says “Windows was unable to install your STM32 DFU”. If I remove this device from the device manager by saying Uninstall Driver, and then I manually install the Hantek2D42.inf in either the drivers/win10 or Drivers/Other I get the same error messages. So the response above says that I need to do exactly what I did, but it will not install the driver as it tells me that the drivers in those directories are not for the STM32. I have never seen anything install as a device called STM Device in DFU Mode. I only get the STM32. What is going wrong here, why can I not get the STM Device in DFU Mode? Again, I asked that the instructions make a note that if the 2D72 is not entering the DFU mode, then I need to "program arm1" I don't know what this means, what are the steps to "program arm1"? There are no instructions for this, and I can find nothing on Google..  Please guys, I really want to get this working. I spent all my savings to get this device, and the fact that I can't use it the way I want to and for the reason I purchased it, I will be even more frustrated then I am now, mainly because I I specifically saved my money for this device for almost 2 years, and I finally got it, and I can't get it to work as intended. I have opened a case with Hantek, but they gave me the same exact answer that Jing gave me above,, which is frustrating because I made it clear that I already ran through all of those steps and it will not work because I am not getting the correct device in the device manager, again I am only getting the STM32 and not the STM Device in DFU Mode. Can someone maybe tell me if this is an issue because I have Windows 11? Though I don't have another PC to install this on, so I would hope if this is the case, Hantek would provide a proper driver for Windows 11. I am really at a loss right now, and I don't know where else to ask.  You guys seem to be the experts, and Hantel should be the experts, but no one is providing me any additional information other then what was written in the documentation I downloaded. Needless to say, this is not helping me at all.

I have done this after holding the F1 and Power Button until the Stop/Play flashes red then green, then releasing the two buttons. Once I do that only the “STM32” device is available in the device manager, I NEVER see the device that you state which is the “STM Device in DFU Mode. This is what leads me to believe that perhaps I am not entering the DFU mode and need to “”program arm1” which I have no instructions on how to do this.

It goes without saying that the instructions for the 2D72 do NOT work for me, whether this has anything to do with Windows 11, I really don’t know, but to be honest, I can’t see how a video (even if I knew how to make one) would be of any use to you as I have explained word for word and step by step of what I have done, and I have given you the names of all the devices shown, and the error messages I have gotten and every step I have taken. There is really not much more I can show or explain.

Regardless, I really want to get this working. In fact, I am getting very frustrated with this and I am moments away from returning this and ordering a DSCD210. I am hoping with that machine I will not have these problems however if this is a Windows 11 compatibility issue, then there is nothing I can do as this will require a new driver from you.

So please let me know how I am to proceed, I have no problems returning this, but I would prefer to get it to work and not go through that hassle.

Can someone please help me? I also see a lot of replies to other posts in what appears to be Russian and I don't know if there is a way for me to get that translated here or if I have to copy and post into Google Translate. Please if anyone knows how to fix this, or how to work around this, I would really appreciate it. If I can not get this working, I am going to have to return it as I purchased this specific model because you can use it on the PC as well, and that is the one thing that is not working. I am practically on my knees begging for help here. I had to save money for a while because I am on Disability to be able to afford this as it has all the features I need, but it doesn't do me much good if I can not use the PC Software, and get the drivers installed. I have tried everything I can, and nothing works. Please help.

I really would appreciate any help you guys could provide me. I really want to get this working or I will have no choice but to return it, and find another one Hantek or not, it just needs to work on Windows 11. /It is highly doubtful I will find one at this price, so I may be screwed, because no one seems to have anything more then what the document says but hopefully this post with much more detail will help someone understand and see where the issue is and how I can fix it.

Many thanks in advance

Systops
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-29 09:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.155460 second(s), 21 queries .